Day Two- (otherwise known as First Day on the Bus) got "Ten thumbs up!"
Week Two- Reality Sets In
The teachers asked that we send the kids through the morning carpool line from now on instead of walking them to the classroom. Understandably, she wants them to learn to be more independent and figure out how to navigate their new school. Even though we talked about it the previous weekend and reminded him of this as he got ready that morning, he apparently still wasn't prepared for it.
Andy drops him off on the way to work (He rides the bus home.) Monday he did okay, Andy said he just got very quiet and buried his face in his arms when it was time to get out of the car. Tuesday, whoa. Andy had to drag him screaming out of the car and THREE teachers had to push/ pull him through the school door.
Ugh. I am so glad I wasn't there. I don't know if I would have been really pissed off or heartbroken. I suspect the latter...
The next few days he did better... we told him if he could behave for the rest of the week he could have a friend spend the night Saturday night. Unfortunately, his buddy got sick Saturday morning and couldn't sleep over. Sam actually took the news much better than I thought he would. Of course, ice cream does usually ease the pain of bad news.
Today is Monday afternoon of Week 3 so we shall see what this day brings...
Time to go meet the bus!
1 comment:
The first week of school last year Raif had to drag Greyson out of the car screaming. I don't know who I felt worse for - Greyson or Raif. Andy and Raif should commiserate over beer.
Post a Comment