Monday, January 24, 2011

Congratulations Emily and Michael!

Two weeks ago, we went to Tuscaloosa (home of the University of Alabama and the "Crimson Tide" for you Yanks) to celebrate a wedding with an old friend. I grew up with Emily and her sister, Kristen, and brother, John. As a little girl, their house was my home away from home. We were always together and our parents remain best friends. Emily is the youngest; I can remember the day the she was born (How's that for making you feel old?) and there we were celebrating her marriage! Time really does fly.


Lovely bride and groom's first dance




Even Nick Saban was there! Andy couldn't resist having his picture made with him.




Aaawww... the kids were so tired the fell asleep right on the floor. Yeah, right! They were breakdancing.




We forgot to bring our flattened cardboard box.




Lily added a little of her own choreography (This is one of her ballet moves. She's self taught. Can you tell?)




This is what I got when I asked the kids to "take a nice picture with Mommy."



On a side note, I hope Emily will forgive me for the commotion Lily caused while she and Michael were trying to say their vows... Lily started yelling "I sing a song! La la la!" I snatched her up off the pew and started running for the door with my hand clamped over mouth. You could hear us all throughout the church, the click, clack, click, clack of my heels echoing on the tile floor and a muffled but determined scream streaming out of her darling angel mouth. It was a smidge embarrassing. Sorry, Em!

1 comment:

Michele said...

LOVE the red cowboy boots. They are very "Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse!!"