Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011





Last week, our fair city was bathed in 6 inches of snow which soon turned to ice trapping us in our home for 5 days. FIVE. DAYS. The snow was magical and beautiful and fun but when it turned to ice and refused to melt for so many days, it wasn't so great any more. The city just shut down. No one went to work. No one went to school. One day we didn't even take our pajamas off. I did not leave my house (except to sled and play in the snow) from Sunday afternoon to Friday afternoon. As you can imagine, I drank. A lot.

I probably could have ventured out on Thursday or Friday morning but I was too scared. As everyone told me, "I'm sure you'll be fine. It's not you we worry about, it's the other drivers who don't know how to drive in the ice/snow." Oh wait, I AM the other driver who doesn't know how to drive in the snow. So I thought it best to not try. At least I have the sense to know that, right?

2 comments:

Elissa said...

I was about to ask about if you had at least stocked up on wine before the snow.

The snow was beautiful and I am jealous because I doubt we will see any here for a long time, but not jealous because 5 days trapped inside sounds dreadful.

Katie said...

Luckily I had been to Trader Joes earlier to stock up on Two Buck Chuck!