Monday, April 7, 2008

What have you been up to? (or Crazy with a capital C)

Me? Worry, worry, worry, worry, worry, worry, worry, worry, worry, worry, you get the idea. Luckily, (or maybe not so much) all of these worries were rolled into one long terrifying dream last night. Andy told me I was crying out in my sleep all night long. Let me give you a recap. Worry 1) there are no rooms for me in hospital so I am forced to stay in a bed in a waiting room after the birth. Worry 2) A hospital staff member takes the baby after her birth and doesn't bring her back. Worry 3), when I search for baby, there is no nursery in the hospital b/c "we don't have one." Worry 4), I cannot try to nurse baby b/c she is missing. Worry 5) When I find the baby stealing staff member, she gives me a baby who is clearly not mine- it's a probably 10 month old boy of Asian descent with a full head of hair, teeth, and eating a banana- and insists I try to nurse him but she won't help me. Worry 6) No one will give me any pain medication b/c "You've done this before." Worry 7) Since I am not in a regular room, staff all forgets to check on me. Worry 7) Since I never get to nurse my baby, I have no milk and have to bind myself up with an ace bandage. Worry 8) None of my friends or family members can find me in the hospital since I am not in a regular room and I am all alone. Worry 9) Why doesn't anyone know where my baby is???? Worry 10) No one will listen to me when I scream and cry and try to explain the situation. I am told if I am unhappy with something the hospital has done, then I should WRITE A LETTER about it!!!!!
On a more pleasant note, while I am searching the hospital looking for someone to help me, I discover a bar in there. Sweet! I am not pregnant anymore. Time for a drink, right?! Ha. Worry 11) I don't have any money!! I convince one person to buy me a glass of wine while telling my story but then no one else is willing to pony up any more dough. What do people have against buying drinks for a penniless disheveled girl in a hospital gown who says someone stole her baby and is repeatedly begging for pain meds? What is the world coming to?
Soon after that I woke up, in a cold sweat and scared. Mom, are coming to Montgomery soon? Can you make sure this doesn't happen next week?!
Did I mention my doctor thought I should go off my crazy medicine before the delivery? How do you think I am holding up ;)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Well at least you got one drink! Maybe you should have taken the little 10 month old - he's obviously through all that waking up all the time and is already on solids! Sounds like that would work out great LOL. Don't worry you and the baby will be just fine!

MappyB said...

Hey, this is Brandi (went to school with Andy). I just wanted to say hello since I just started reading your site (de-lurking here). Congrats on your soon arrival and house-find in Atlanta! Little Sam is such a cutie!!!! I started my blog back up (mappybsavannah.wordpress.com) since we recently bought a house here in Savannah - if you want to lurk. :) Have a good night, and hopefully more peaceful dreams will find you!

Jessica said...

Oh man, you are making me so sad. Maybe Moseley and I should just go with you to the hospital. They would never forget where you are if Moseley is throwing tantrums!! I am so sorry, tomorrow I will bring a lex for you to lick :)